Jan 17, 2008

Expect The Unexpected


140108, 11.00 pm... here came the 1st hick.. I thought it was a stomachache at the moment... 15 mins later came another hick.... I asked my husband to surf on the net about false contraction (specifically called Braxton Hicks). Perhaps it was Braxton Hicks as my due date is supposed to be another 2 months...

Braxton Hicks - also known as false labour (British English, false labor in American English) or practice contractions. Braxton Hicks are sporadic uterine contractions that actually start at about 6 weeks, although one will not feel them that early. Most women start feeling them during the second or third trimester of pregnancy. Braxton Hicks contractions is a tightening of the uterine muscles for one to two minutes and is thought to be an aid to the body in its preparation for birth. Not all expectant mothers have these contractions. They are thought to be part of the process of effacement, the thinning and dilation of the cervix.

Later, around 4 am, 'ketuban' broke and a thick blood came out. I have never been so panicked in my life though I already have 2 kids before. "Baju mana baju?," I asked my husband. I was panicked because we've not prepared anything for this baby. He rushed about 160km/h. 15 minutes was like 50 minutes. The worst part was I could feel the baby's head at the exit!

We managed to reach at DEMC on 4.30am. And later around, 5.02 am there she was on another bed next to me. How I wish to touch her! But I couldn't as she has to be assisted in her breathing ASAP or else she'll be gone. I could see her face clearly and my husband has witnessed the way she went out of the alley. Thank God... she's safe (and I am safe too!).

Now she is at Hospital Sungai Buloh and I'm at home.. Alone.. Husband has to go to work and mom is not around as she hasn't returned from Mekah yet. She'll only be homing on this coming 22. My other kids at Sungai Besar and even my maktua can't take care of me because she is babysitting other's kids. My husband has done everything before he left - cooking, washing clothes, etc. We will visit our baby frequently, almost everyday, just to let her know that we support her and want her to come home quickly.

Mom is not around, baby is not around, kids are not around, husband also not around. How I feel so lonely right now. But in life, we have to prepare ourselves to expect the unexpected things to happen in our life. As I know that The Almighty Allah s.w.t. has prepared something good for us. So, let us just follow His path and be grateful...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin